If you’re new to rowing, you’re in for a treat! This fun workout can be challenging and works almost every muscle in your body. Here are 5 benefits of rowing that are so good, you’ll want to incorporate it into your routine right away.
- Promotes healthy body composition. A healthy body composition is one that includes a lower percentage of body fat and a higher percentage of fat-free mass, which includes muscle, bones, and organs. Rowing keeps your body composition in check.
- Enhances cardio-respiratory system. Rowing enhances cardio-respiratory endurance by improving the body’s ability to take in and utilize oxygen.
- Offers low impact exercise with high results. Many think that because a workout is low impact, it isn’t effective. Not rowing! It has the health benefits without the stress and strain on your joints. Plus, low impact can be intense while raising your heart rate or your concentration level. So don’t sleep on rowing!
- Builds muscle strength. Rowing employs 85% of your muscles with every stroke, in particular, your quads, lats, hamstrings, glutes and core.
- Offers a full-body exercise. What more do you need? You’re working your ENTIRE body.
*Always consult your physician before starting any workout routine.